Here are the details:
- Start Date: February 1, 2010
- Completion Date: May 12, 2010
- eHow ID: How100 (ehow does not let you register an ID that contains "eHow" in it)
Why am I doing this?
It's all about personal commitment to an entrepreneurial goal. I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur, but I've never taken the leap because I've been waiting for the perfect million dollar idea. I've realized that I'm probably not going to have a great million dollar idea until I get more experience as an entrepreneur working on smaller projects. To begin my journey, I've decided to start with a $100 idea. I think I can accomplish this challenge, but it will require me to develop skills, gain new knowledge, and stay dedicated for 100 days. If I'm successful, then I will have taken my first step as an entrepreneur.
What's the plan for writing revenue generating articles?
Here's the 3 part plan...
1. Use the information in Maria's ebook, "How to Earn Passive Income at eHOW.com" as the foundation. This ebook is an excellent source of information on how-to writie eHow profitable articles. Maria has been a very successful eHow contributer and she makes more than $1,000 a month from her articles. Her ebook has screenshots that shows a couple of her articles that have generated more than $1,000. (You can purchase Maria's ebook directly for $25: Click here to view more details.)
2. Draw on my eHow experience from the past year. This is not my first attempt at writing articles for ehow. Under another ID, I wrote about 40 articles over the past year. During this time, I learned a lot from my mistakes. One learning experience involved getting contacted by eHow that my behavior was considered inappropriate spamming... other experiences involved learning what types of articles eHow is likely to delete during their infamous sweeps (More than 10 of my articles have been deleted over the past year). One of the best things I developed was a technique to find an unlimited number of article ideas. I plan to share this information on this blog.
3. Experiment with new Techniques. Here's the fun part... I'm planning to test a bunch of new ideas that I have for writing revenue generating articles. I will share these ideas on this blog and let you know if they were successful. I'm hoping that readers of this blog can benefit from these experiments and generate more money from their articles.
What's in it for me?
1. The TREMENDOUS satisfaction I will have from taking my first step forward as an Entrepreneur.
2. New skills and knowledge that I will gain through attempting this challenge.
3. Momentum towards my next entrepreneurial goal...TBD.
4. $100 of passive income in my pocket going forward (Certainly not the top benefit...but it's still a benefit)
Stay tuned... my next post will review the prep I'm doing for the 2/1/2010 start date.