Sunday, February 14, 2010

Obstacles, Obstacles, Obstacles...

I went into this challenge knowing that there would be many obstacles on the path to achieving my goal.  Here are the 3 biggest challenges I'm currently facing:


1. eHow is not publishing my articles...
I submitted articles on 2/6, 2/8, & 2/10 and none of them have been published by eHow.  My first 5 articles were on hold for approx 12-18 hours before they were published.  This even seemed strange to me because when I first started writing for eHow last year this process took less than 10 minutes.  
SOLUTION: Keep writing articles, but save them in google Docs and wait for the 3 articles on hold to publish before I submit anymore.


2. Writing and my family...
I woke up early on Valentines Day to write an article before everyone woke-up.  Well my alarm also woke-up my 4 & 6 year old princesses.  They have been begging to get out of bed, but I'm trying to squeeze in a few more minutes to complete this morning's article.  In addition, I think my wife is feeling a little neglected because every night after the kids go to bed I'm in front on the computer writing my next article.
SOLUTION: Keep waking up early (and quietly) to write so that I can spend time with the family later on in the day.


3. I'm running a little behind... 
My writing pace is running a little behind what it needs to be to complete 100 articles in 100 days.  I've skipped writing on days where either I was exhausted or I had higher priority issues to address.  As of today, I'm running behind by 2 articles.
SOLUTION: When time permits, write more than one article a day.  Once I've caught up, then I should bank some articles so that if I skip days in the future I will not run behind.


Even though I'm facing many obstacles I need to stay committed to solving them so that in the end I will achieve my goal.  Conceptually this is easy...  let's see if I can do it.  I appreciate your support!

1 comment:

  1. Just came across you blog through Twitter. I just started writing on eHow at the end of December. It is really hard to keep with the goals I set which was an article a day. I have a few articles that never published so with the publishing problems it makes it hard to want to write. I wish you luck on your experiment.

    ReplyDelete